FAQ - New Users Reference - Comments and Suggestions

Frequently Asked Questions and How To topics for new users.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:08

and just in case you were wondering what is a packed bitstream

http://itsjustonesandzeros.blogspot.com ... tream.html
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
LED TV SONY Bravia 75" Local dimming ~ Retired Samsung ES8000 65" ~
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

dg
Master

Post by dg » Thu Jan 08, 2009 08:21

Hi Brian,

I have an update to the "Beyonwiz Media Player models " part of the FAQ to include theDP-P2.

Suggested words are:

Beyonwiz Media Player models
The four current models are DVBt High Definition set top boxes with HDMI, Component & analogue video input and outputs, coax & optical S/PDIF, USB, multi format card reader, ability to save files to and stream content from Local Area Networks and between each other.

"The key differences between models are;
DP-S1 - Twin tuner, HDD and LAN connection - plus W-LAN and DVD player
DP-P1 - Twin tuner, HDD and LAN connection
DP-H1 - Single tuner and LAN Connection.
DP-P2 - Twin tuner, HDD and LAN connection - plus ability to digitally record an A/V input e.g. Foxtel"

Regards,
DG
DP-P2, 1.05.350, 100MB, HDMI-1080i, Hitachi 42PD7800TA, OpticalAudio, Sony STRDG700S, HarmonyOne
DP-S1, 1.05.350, 100MB, HDMI- 720p, LG 32LX2D, HarmonyOne
IceTV, WPN824v2, LACIE d2 Network 1TB NAS

DaveR
Wizard

Post by DaveR » Thu Jan 08, 2009 18:52

Hey Brian, while looking at the FAQ it dawned on me that it would be a lot better if you split it up into multple posts.

i.e.
1st post = Intro and Contents
2nd post = 1st chapter / topic
3rd post = 2nd chapter / topic
4th post = 3rd chapter / topic
5th post = 4th chapter / topic

Then the contents table can actually link to each post (chapter). And any chapters (posts) that refer to another chapter (post) would be able to link to the other chapter. Each chapter could also have a 'back to the top' or TOC link that returns the reader back to the first post (contents).

Obviously for this to look right, any replies that snuck in while you were posting all of the chapters would need to be deleted or moved.
cheers
DaveR

IceTV, T4, T3, T2, P2, S1, FV-L1(P1 fw), TRF-2460, HDR-7500 and Skippa

brianh
Wizard

Post by brianh » Fri Jan 09, 2009 22:22

I agree, I've always favoured that model, it's an approach I used when setting up document control databases back when I was doing quality systems. (I have some pretty fancy code I put together for managing these in Lotus Notes if anyone has a need for it...................? Nobody?........... thought not.)

I'll do some work over the weekend, may not get all done at once, but the beauty of the model is it can easily be managed in stages.

Cheers,
Cheers,
Brian

1) 2 x T4, Samsung UA46C7000/Yamaha RX-V6A
2) Spare DP-P2s/ Samsung UA46C6900/Sony STR-DE497/RX-V540
Harmony 650 + all the spare remotes.....

DaveR
Wizard

Post by DaveR » Fri Jan 09, 2009 23:25

brianh wrote:I'll do some work over the weekend, may not get all done at once, but the beauty of the model is it can easily be managed in stages.
And it's easier to keep updated. Just update one particular short post when needed rather than scrolling through one huge long post looking for the correct spot to edit.

When you start, rename this topic by appending ' comments' to the end of the title. Then start a new, clean, topic using the current title. Gully or myself can keep the topic locked, and unlock it when you want to update it.
cheers
DaveR

IceTV, T4, T3, T2, P2, S1, FV-L1(P1 fw), TRF-2460, HDR-7500 and Skippa

Gully

Post by Gully » Fri Jan 09, 2009 23:50

Dave? wrote:When you start, rename this topic by appending ' comments' to the end of the title. Then start a new, clean, topic using the current title. Gully or myself can keep the topic locked, and unlock it when you want to update it.
Definitely. Or if it is easier for you to keep it unlocked we could just remove the added posts when you have been able to process them (though I guess that didn't quite work here. :twisted: )
Cheers
Gully

grl
Master

Post by grl » Sun Jan 11, 2009 09:02

How about moving it to the wiki? They are designed with collaborative documentation in mind. We can then fix things ourselves when we see typos/omissions.
DP-P2, HDMI, Samsung LA32A650A1
DP-P2, composite, Sharp CRT

brianh
Wizard

Post by brianh » Tue Jan 13, 2009 20:36

Sorry all, been delayed by firewall/antivirus issues....... could take a few days to sort, I'll start as soon as I can ....... :?
Cheers,
Brian

Gully

Post by Gully » Tue Jan 13, 2009 21:07

brianh wrote:Sorry all, been delayed by firewall/antivirus issues....... could take a few days to sort, I'll start as soon as I can ....... :?
That's fine but I was expecting it to be all in one topic split into posts rather than multiple topics.

I thought that was what Dave was proposing.
Cheers
Gully

brianh
Wizard

Post by brianh » Tue Jan 13, 2009 21:14

Gully wrote:
brianh wrote:Sorry all, been delayed by firewall/antivirus issues....... could take a few days to sort, I'll start as soon as I can ....... :?
That's fine but I was expecting it to be all in one topic split into posts rather than multiple topics.

I thought that was what Dave was proposing.
Drat! - on re-reading Dave's post, you're right, of course.... - I just had it in my head that people might want to go straight to a particular topic if they could see that in the list; then any additions could be managed in that topic..... it would also be easier to incorporate other's helpful posts, but I agree it could lead to a very cluttered looking list..... shouldn't have attempted this at this hour after "medication".....

Let me know which way you would prefer it done & I'll work along those lines

EDIT: it will have to be tomorrow, the AV scans are maxing out processor & page file use, everything;'s so sloooooooooooooowwww. :(
Cheers,
Brian

Gully

Post by Gully » Tue Jan 13, 2009 21:50

Brian

No rush on any of this so when you are ready.

I think Dave's original idea would work better but in the end you are the one doing the work so you should decide.
Cheers
Gully

brianh
Wizard

Post by brianh » Sun May 24, 2009 16:56

Hi Guys,

I've finally made a start, long overdue as it is. Sorry for the delay, over the last few months I've had a really intensive work training schedule, a family wedding, attended VCAT from Sydney a couple of times to sort out issues with a motor trader, various home equipment emergencies..... you know the score, I'm sure.

There's a few posts that need deleting or hiding, one full of additions that needs vetting by someone knowledgeable before I add anything - I suspect some of the info may be outdated, with a few of the FW updates that have happened while I've been busy.

I would guess that some of the info in the FAQ may also need updating - especially with the Lidic and FV-L1 being released.

Cheers,
Brian

Gully

Post by Gully » Sun May 24, 2009 18:08

Good to have you back and updating Brian.

Send me a PM with details of what you want deleted or hidden and I'll sort something out.
Cheers
Gully

Return to “FAQs and Tips”