Unwanted Switch Off, Harmony 600 Remote

Remote Control questions, tips and TV Codes.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

desm
Master

Unwanted Switch Off, Harmony 600 Remote

Post by desm » Tue Sep 07, 2010 16:09

I just bought a Harmony 600 Remote and it's great, the only problem I'm having is that if the system is switched on whilst the Wiz is recording it will switch off on completion of the programmed timer recording. Any suggestions?
Beyonwiz U4
20180417 Firmware
Samsung HW-H550 Soundbar
Ice Guide
Wired LAN
Samsung UA55HU8500W
TECO 32" LCD

grampus
Wizard

Re: Unwanted Switch Off, Harmony 600 Remote

Post by grampus » Tue Sep 07, 2010 17:07

desm wrote:I just bought a Harmony 600 Remote and it's great, the only problem I'm having is that if the system is switched on whilst the Wiz is recording it will switch off on completion of the programmed timer recording. Any suggestions?
You should see a popup where you decide if you'll power down at the end of the recording, power down now, or power down never.
Hitting enter at that stage will give you the result that you report.
I don''t think that the different variations that you may require could readily be programmed into the Harmony.
You just need to respond to the the popup with 2 right arrows and enter.
Screen: Panasonic TH-60ST60A; BeyonWiz U4; T3; Panasonic BD-35 Blu_Ray player

desm
Master

Post by desm » Tue Sep 07, 2010 17:24

grampus wrote:
desm wrote:I just bought a Harmony 600 Remote and it's great, the only problem I'm having is that if the system is switched on whilst the Wiz is recording it will switch off on completion of the programmed timer recording. Any suggestions?
You should see a popup where you decide if you'll power down at the end of the recording, power down now, or power down never.
Hitting enter at that stage will give you the result that you report.
I don''t think that the different variations that you may require could readily be programmed into the Harmony.
You just need to respond to the the popup with 2 right arrows and enter.
Hi Grampus, Thanks for your input, in fact you can program almost any command into the remote as I'm finding out, it's just a matter of riding the ever increasing learning curve!! Basically if it's on a Wiz remote button or appears on the screen you can program it in to the remote! Thanks for your input.
Beyonwiz U4
20180417 Firmware
Samsung HW-H550 Soundbar
Ice Guide
Wired LAN
Samsung UA55HU8500W
TECO 32" LCD

desm
Master

Post by desm » Tue Sep 07, 2010 17:30

After a bit more researching in the forum, it seems the subject has been fairly well covered in the following topic http://www.beyonwiz.com.au/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1461 (Optimal Power Settings for Harmony Remote Controls dated 21/01/08 ) :oops:
Beyonwiz U4
20180417 Firmware
Samsung HW-H550 Soundbar
Ice Guide
Wired LAN
Samsung UA55HU8500W
TECO 32" LCD

tonymy01
Uber Wizard
Location: Sydney, Australia DP-S1-1TB, DP-P2-2TB, DP-T4-2TB, DP-T4-BB... too many!

Post by tonymy01 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 18:10

Yep, there are a number of topics that discuss the specifics of key combos to guarantee the wiz doesn't auto-select the "later" option if it was already on when the power on universal remote command was sent, but that ancient one covers it.
Tony

Return to “Remote Controls”