Beyonwiz Remote Control Macros

Remote Control questions, tips and TV Codes.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

DaveR
Wizard

Beyonwiz Remote Control Macros

Post by DaveR » Sun Sep 13, 2009 21:28

Beyonwiz Remote Control Macros and Key Transferring

Works with all BR-02, and later model BR-01, remote controls. Only the volume key transfer works with earlier BR-01 remote controls (including the original shiny faced DP-S1 remote control).

Note: You need to already have the Beyonwiz remote control setup to control your TV.

To Turn ON, or Turn OFF, a macro or key transfer:
  • 1. Press and hold the STB button until both STB and TV buttons flash and the STB button stays ON.
    2. Press the specific number button 3 times.
    3. Press the STB button 3 times.
Note: In step 2, pressing the number button 4 times makes the STB button flash 3 times. I have no idea what this does.

Number button functions:
1 =
2 =
3 =
4 =
5 =
6 = ?
7 = ?
8 = Power Macro - turns On (or Off) the TV and then the Beyonwiz.
9 = Volume button controls TV volume in STB mode (and TV mode).
0 =

Numbers 6 and 7 are supposed to do something... but I have no idea what. The other numbers behave like they also do something...

Kudos to anyone who can discover what other the numbers do. Or what pressing the number button 4 times (in step 2) does.
Last edited by DaveR on Sun Sep 20, 2009 15:00, edited 1 time in total.
cheers
DaveR

IceTV, T4, T3, T2, P2, S1, FV-L1(P1 fw), TRF-2460, HDR-7500 and Skippa

madmax
Wizard

Post by madmax » Sun Sep 13, 2009 22:05

Holy cr@p, now we find this out, after all this time?? I really want to activate both #8 and #9, I hope I have a compatible BR-01. Is there any way to tell other than just trying the sequence?

[edit] Mine works!!!! :D :D :D Absolutely brilliant! I was still using my tv remote to turn on the tv, because having to stuff around with the STB/TV buttons was a pain. Now I can finally put it away somewhere. Also, the volume function means I will no longer get blasted when changing tv inputs.

hawk_eyes
Apprentice

Post by hawk_eyes » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:56

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Wow this is amazing. Now I don't have to keep changing between STB and TV mode, or wondering why no picture had come up when I thought I had turned the Wiz on. My TV doesn't quite turn off imediately after a short press but holding the button down for an extra half second seems to do the trick.
DP-P2 01.05.320
HDMI to Phillips LCD TV

madmax
Wizard

Post by madmax » Mon Sep 14, 2009 13:19

If one of the other numbers makes the coloured buttons cycle through the inputs of my tv, I'll be as happy as a pig in....you know what! 8) Hmmm, might have to experiment a bit......

Dave, how did you get this info, and is there any chance you can get more?

glow
Guru

Post by glow » Mon Sep 14, 2009 17:16

Rushing home to try mine now... :P

The TV power-off didn't work for me, neither short nor long press, but I'll settle for the volume control.

DaveR
Wizard

Post by DaveR » Mon Sep 14, 2009 21:29

glow wrote:The TV power-off didn't work for me, neither short nor long press, but I'll settle for the volume control.
If the volume works then the power toggle should too. Are you leaving the remote in STB mode and just pressing the power button?

The remote should:
1. Switch itself to TV mode.
2. Send the TV power code.
3. Switch itself back to STB mode.
4. Send the STB power code.

All 4 steps are fairly quick. Maybe you're not pointing at the TV to start with. Are you seeing the TV button flash and then the STB button? If not, try setting it again.

If you're quick enough you can block the front of the remote at the start so that it only switches on, or off, the PVR. Of course, if you need to only power the TV on, or off, you can just switch the remote to TV mode.
cheers
DaveR

DaveR
Wizard

Post by DaveR » Mon Sep 14, 2009 21:34

madmax wrote:Dave, how did you get this info,
I saw someone's remote doing strange things and asked them about it.
madmax wrote:is there any chance you can get more?
Due to the language barrier, and their vague knowledge of the full list of functions, all I could find out was what I posted above. They were certain there more (on 6 and 7 at least) but they could not remember what they did.
cheers
DaveR

madmax
Wizard

Post by madmax » Mon Sep 14, 2009 23:07

I'm just stunned that such useful information as this was never released through the proper channels. :(

DaveR
Wizard

Post by DaveR » Mon Sep 14, 2009 23:31

madmax wrote:I'm just stunned that such useful information as this was never released through the proper channels. :(
Especially considering that the remote control has had this ability since about the time that the P2 was released. This info would be a big benefit to installers.
cheers
DaveR

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Mon Sep 14, 2009 23:52

Hi Dave,
Dave? wrote:I saw someone's remote doing strange things and asked them about it.
Dave? wrote:Due to the language barrier, and their vague knowledge of the full list of functions, all I could find out was what I posted above. They were certain there more (on 6 and 7 at least) but they could not remember what they did.
Is there anything, in any language, that we can feed into an electronic translator? Are you in a position to ask for more information to be sent to you? (Can you translate the request into Korean with an electronic translator?)

This information should also be added to the next revision of the manuals.

Regards,
Ian.

Half Round
Master

Post by Half Round » Tue Sep 15, 2009 00:34

Just had a look in my BR-01 remote (not sure if it's early or late model) and a look round the net.
all I could find:
BR-01 Remote control

PCB identification
HST-606 317AA
G-0505B

IC marked ED-050

Case front marked HST-317 1
Case Back marked HST-317 2

Possible manufacturer
http://www.yousung.net

glow
Guru

Post by glow » Tue Sep 15, 2009 09:41

Dave? wrote:
glow wrote:The TV power-off didn't work for me, neither short nor long press, but I'll settle for the volume control.
If the volume works then the power toggle should too. Are you leaving the remote in STB mode and just pressing the power button?

The remote should:
1. Switch itself to TV mode.
2. Send the TV power code.
3. Switch itself back to STB mode.
4. Send the STB power code.

All 4 steps are fairly quick. Maybe you're not pointing at the TV to start with. Are you seeing the TV button flash and then the STB button? If not, try setting it again.
Did a bit more testing.
On my older remote which came with my P1, only the volume works. The power macro doesn't flash the TV button.
On my newer S1 remote both macros work and I can clearly see the power macro flash the TV button then the STB button.
I've only been using one remote since both of my units are in the same room.

How does one reset a macro to the normal behaviour? For example if one really wanted to adjust the Wiz volume? (I should have checked it first!) I tried removing the batteries but the macro still seems active.

If we can't get documentation in any language about the other macros, is it possible to capture which codes are being sent perhaps with a PC program or learning remote?

Wouldn't it be nice if we could actually store a sequence.

madmax
Wizard

Post by madmax » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:25

glow wrote:How does one reset a macro to the normal behaviour?
Easy, just perform the same steps and the macro will be turned off.

glow
Guru

Post by glow » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:31

madmax wrote:
glow wrote:How does one reset a macro to the normal behaviour?
Easy, just perform the same steps and the macro will be turned off.
Thanks - I see now that the original post says "To Turn ON, or Turn OFF"

madmax
Wizard

Re: Beyonwiz Remote Control Macros

Post by madmax » Sat Sep 19, 2009 22:22

Dave? wrote:Does not work with earlier BR-01 remote controls (including the original shiny faced DP-S1 remote control).
I tried these macros on my dad's unit today. His is older than mine, and he has the shiny-faced remote. So I wasn't hopeful, but I thought I'd try it anyway. The 888 'TV power' macro did not work, but to my surprise the 999 'TV volume' macro *did* work. :?

glow
Guru

Post by glow » Sat Sep 19, 2009 22:53

Even though I got the power off macro working, I decided to disable it and just stick with the volume macro.
I thought that the power off macro would be too confusing for the rest of the family who are used to turning on/off the devices separately. It's also too easy to get the TV and Wiz out of sync with one off and one on.

DaveR
Wizard

Re: Beyonwiz Remote Control Macros

Post by DaveR » Sun Sep 20, 2009 15:05

madmax wrote:
Dave? wrote:Does not work with earlier BR-01 remote controls (including the original shiny faced DP-S1 remote control).
I tried these macros on my dad's unit today. His is older than mine, and he has the shiny-faced remote. So I wasn't hopeful, but I thought I'd try it anyway. The 888 'TV power' macro did not work, but to my surprise the 999 'TV volume' macro *did* work. :?
Excellent. I've updated the 1st post.

glow wrote:It's also too easy to get the TV and Wiz out of sync with one off and one on.
If you need to switch on or off just the TV, you can still switch the remote to TV mode. But switching on or off just the wiz is little trickier. I just cover the front of the remote until the TV button has flashed. Though that's probably a bit too confusing for the whole family.
cheers
DaveR

hawk_eyes
Apprentice

Post by hawk_eyes » Sat Feb 20, 2010 16:36

Just replaced my batteries in the remote today, and discovered that you need to redo any macros. Just thought I'd post and give a heads up. It took me a while to figure out why my Wiz and TV weren't turning on at the same time. :lol:
DP-P2 01.05.320
HDMI to Phillips LCD TV

madmax
Wizard

Post by madmax » Sat Feb 20, 2010 19:37

hawk_eyes wrote:Just replaced my batteries in the remote today, and discovered that you need to redo any macros. Just thought I'd post and give a heads up. It took me a while to figure out why my Wiz and TV weren't turning on at the same time. :lol:
Good tip.

Also, today I successfully used my Wiz remote to change TV inputs using TV-OUT and also the coloured buttons. It was so obvious, I can't believe I only just figured this out.... :oops:

_DrifteR_
Apprentice

Post by _DrifteR_ » Sun May 16, 2010 21:01

Just discovered this section of the forum and I am very impressed - I have always wanted the TV volume pass through in STB mode.

I understand this thread has been dormant for some time, although I am interested in having my TV-Input cycle through when remote is in "STB" mode. My TV is an LG 42PQ60D, and works well while using the "TV-OUT" button while in "TV" mode. Sounds like others in this thread may have got this to work...
Also, today I successfully used my Wiz remote to change TV inputs using TV-OUT and also the coloured buttons. It was so obvious, I can't believe I only just figured this out....
Just not sure if this was in STB mode or TV mode. If you know how to pass-through the "TV-OUT" while in STB mode, I would appreciate some input.

Regards.
DP-P2 (1.05.350)
ATV2-XBMC
LG 42" HD Plasma
ReadyNAS for Streaming
(ex Toppy 5000, ex MediaGate, ex MediaPortal PC)

madmax
Wizard

Post by madmax » Sun May 16, 2010 23:35

_DrifteR_ wrote:Just not sure if this was in STB mode or TV mode. If you know how to pass-through the "TV-OUT" while in STB mode, I would appreciate some input.
It was in TV mode.

Each brand of TV is different, but if the LG uses a combination of a TV/AV button and the four coloured buttons, then you should be able to figure it out. For the Panasonic, the TV-OUT button = TV/AV button, and the coloured buttons are the same.

Return to “Remote Controls”