Looking for help with Favourites list and EPG

Discuss Beyonwiz related topics here if they don't fit in another forum.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Grazia

Looking for help with Favourites list and EPG

Post by Grazia » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:47

It's probably very simple, but I cannnot find the answer....
I did a service rescan on my DPS1 this morning, so have to reset timers and favs etc.
Unfortunately I cannot reset my epg as I had it before.
Can someone tell me how to display the channels in the epg's(both ICE and FTA) so that they are consecutive, eg 10HD 10Digital, 7HD 7 Digital etc
I have set up a favourite channels list in this preferred order but cannot get the epg to "read" from it.
When setting timers (sometimes a week in advance)I like to be able to compare the SD and HD broadcast from the same channel, makes for less duplication of programs I use ICE Tv epg for all except Ch 9, then disable ICE and use FTA epg for Ch 9 timers, then enable Ice and all is well for a week or so. Have searched the forum but so far cannot find reference to this. It must be something simple because I had it set that way before the rescan. What have I missed?
Thanks guys

tonymy01
Uber Wizard
Location: Sydney, Australia DP-S1-1TB, DP-P2-2TB, DP-T4-2TB, DP-T4-BB... too many!

Post by tonymy01 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:49

1. You need to do one more step than setting up a faves group, you actually need to be *in* the faves group (which will also help with the channel +/- channel surfing).
2. Do you have any duplicates? There is a quirk (bug?) with the Wiz EPG that if you receive, say, two LCN10s from two locations, that only the first scanned one in the list gets the EPG. So delete all the duplicates from the poorer reception (by hitting the list key, choosing all services, and looking at the RF channel number in the list as you seek out the bad ones to delete).
Regards
Tony

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:55

All you need to do is set a Favorites group as your current Favorites group.

Press FAV, then chose a favorites group by selecting it and pressing OK, then select any service in the services list that pops up by pressing OK. The Favorites group will become the current group, When you press LIST, yoiu'll only see the services in the current Favorites group (in favorites group order), CH+/- will scan through the current favorites group in its order, and the EPG will only show services in the current favorite in the group order.

Favorite group selection is in section 5, 2-1, 2) of the manual. It's in the section of the manual listed in the table of contents as "Favorite Group".
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Grazia

Post by Grazia » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:19

Many thanks for the quick and excellent replies guys. I knew it would be something simple. Problem fixed and solutions noted for further reference.
Order and normality is now restored in this household.
Regards

Return to “General Discussion”