Transfer from BW to PC via WizFX to VideoReDo

Discuss Beyonwiz related topics here if they don't fit in another forum.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

benhsau
Apprentice

Transfer from BW to PC via WizFX to VideoReDo

Post by benhsau » Fri Apr 04, 2008 15:32

When I transfer video from BW to PC via WizFX then try to run in VideoReDo it comes up with error message "This transport stream does not contain an MPEG2 Program."

The video wont open in either .ts or .tvwiz

Anyone know how to get videos to open and run on VideoReDo?
(.mpg videos open and run ok)

tonymy01
Uber Wizard
Location: Sydney, Australia DP-S1-1TB, DP-P2-2TB, DP-T4-2TB, DP-T4-BB... too many!

Post by tonymy01 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 15:40

Silly VRD bug. The issue is that the Wiz stream is grabbed midstream, so the first few frames may not be completely TS compliant.
Search for threads by Netmask on possible solutions. Typically projectX to demux (and this will ensure to remove errored frames), and then remux with something, then edit with VRD.
Regards
Tony

benhsau
Apprentice

Post by benhsau » Fri Apr 04, 2008 17:48

I have tried using the search function on the forum but it returns too many threads to be useful.

Can someone please direct me to threads that help with this issue or provide a solution.

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Fri Apr 04, 2008 18:33

benhsau wrote:I have tried using the search function on the forum but it returns too many threads to be useful.

Can someone please direct me to threads that help with this issue or provide a solution.
Hi benhasui - there are several ways to fix the problem.

Get hold of MPEGStreamclip http://www.squared5.com/ it's free and available for MAC or PC. You will need to have Quicktime installed. Then convert the BW style TS file to TS using MPEGStreamclip - it rebuilds the header and VideRedo should recognise it. I don't have VideRedo so I haven't been able to test this myself but this process fixes BW TS files for other programs. When you try to open the BW TS file you will get an error message but simply ignore it and use the option "open anyway". Another technique is to convert to MPEG2 using MPEGStreamclip.

Yet another way is to use ProjectX http://www.oozoon.de/main_en.html and many other sites to demux the file - this is probably the best way to handle any file from any Digital TV source as it cleans up many of the transmission errors - however the human interface is not the best :P So give MPEGStreamclip a go and lets know how it works out ....
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
LED TV SONY Bravia 75" Local dimming ~ Retired Samsung ES8000 65" ~
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Fri Apr 04, 2008 18:47

A follow up - Womble and Vegas editing programs will open the BW TS files without any problems apart from any transmission errors that may be included in the file. This is the main cause of out of sync sound. Demuxing via ProjectX is the foolproof method to achieve a DVD complying set of files. Note if the BW TS file is from HDTV source additional processing/time is required to downscale it to DVD standard. TMPGenc 4.0 Express is an excellent program to convert HDTV files down to normal MPEG2 files - it's a tad slow in opening the file but from there on it's ok - it all depends on how many filters you apply, if any, that affects the encoding process :)
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

benhsau
Apprentice

Post by benhsau » Fri Apr 04, 2008 21:36

Thanks netmask for your replies..

I have tried that MPEGStreamclip program, but it comes up with the following message:

The Apple QuickTime 6 MPEG-2 Playback Component is not installed...

Please uninstall Quick Time completely. Then install Quick Time Alternative (1.61 or later), making sure the "Extra Quick Time plugins" checkbox is enabled.
Alternatively, if you have Apple Quick Time and you don't want to uninstall it, you can buy the MPEG-2 Playback Component from Apple Computer.

I installed QuickTime Alternative 2.50 and still have this message.

What have I done wrong?

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Apr 04, 2008 21:40

benhsau wrote:T

What have I done wrong?
My understanding is that MPEG2 Playback Component is a separate product.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

benhsau
Apprentice

Post by benhsau » Fri Apr 04, 2008 22:12

I installed another version of Quick Time and have that part working..

How do I use MPEGStreamclip?

I open the .ts file in MPEGStreamclip then what?

I get this error message when trying to convert etc

Error: can't find the first video frame

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Fri Apr 04, 2008 22:21

benhsau wrote:Thanks netmask for your replies..

I have tried that MPEGStreamclip program, but it comes up with the following message:

Please uninstall Quick Time completely. Then install Quick Time Alternative (1.61 or later), making sure the "Extra Quick Time plugins" checkbox is enabled.
Alternatively, if you have Apple Quick Time and you don't want to uninstall it, you can buy the MPEG-2 Playback Component from Apple Computer.

What have I done wrong?
What computer OS do you have? MAC or PC?

I have a number of MPEG editing programs installed on my PC so I've never seen the requirement for MPEG2 playback component. (I have probably a dozen or so MPEG2 codecs installed) I do now have the full version of QuicktimePro installed although earlier I was running QT Alternative without any problems.

On my MAC G4 then yes I did have to obtain the MPEG2 component to make it work....

At the present time the two programs that I have found that can play and edit BW TS files for making DVD's or DivX etc, SD or HD are Womble and TMPGenc 4 Express, and VLC as a PC playback tool . You can do conversions on VLC (especially the beta versions) but it is not quite so straight forward.

For playback over a network you need MPEGStreamclip to fix the header. Regarding HD over the network I haven't found a solution for these files other than converting them from 50fps to 25fps which sort of defeats the purpose of HD.

Maybe you should download the latest K-Lite codec pack http://www.free-codecs.com/ to update your computer?

As a personal note I can't stress how good Womble is for handling and editing MPEG transport files from the Topfield and the Beyonwiz. I had a lot of problems with a very earlier version of VideoRedo that I ditched it in favour of Womble and I must say I haven't had any problems. Vegas is a better editing program as such but unless you really have a need for a semi-professional package Womble will do everything for most domestic requirements - even to the DVD authoring stage.
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

bohemian
Master

Post by bohemian » Fri Apr 04, 2008 23:24

benhsau, have you tried Quick Stream Fix in VideoReDo.

This tools purpose is to fix damaged / uncompliant files, and create a new file which can be edited with VideoRedo.
The wise learn from the mistakes of others.

DP-S1 + DP-P1

benhsau
Apprentice

Post by benhsau » Sun Apr 06, 2008 19:32

netmask wrote: What computer OS do you have? MAC or PC?
PC, Windows Vista.

Just want to download recordings from BW P1 HDD to my PC, convert to mpg through VideoReDo

I have done this successfully with Topfield 5000PVRt for years(via usb cable)

Want to do the same thing with BW P1 through network.

I can download the recording from BW with WizFX no problems, have file on pc as "filename.ts". (Can play with Windows Media Player no problems)

Try to open it with VideoReDo, and get "This transport stream does not contain an MPEG2 Program."

What else can I do?

Have tried Quick Stream Fix in VideoReDo, says same message as above.

Surely there's an easy way to fix this problem....?

-
BeyonWiz DP-P1 PVR with LiDiC
(DPP1_Firmware_28Dec2007_ver_01.05.197.wrp)

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Sun Apr 06, 2008 20:37

Try renaming the file to filename.mpg and see if VideRedo recognises that. As I mentioned I'm not up to date on VideRedo but either Womble or TMPGenc will handle BW TS files without bother. Maybe you could download the trial version of Womble and do a conversion.
The file itself may be corrupted. Was the file from SD or HDTV source?

The only other thing to do is get hold of ProjectX and either demux it (that will fix a number of errors) or simply select "To TS" and then try that file in VideRedo.
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

benhsau
Apprentice

Post by benhsau » Sun Apr 06, 2008 21:32

netmask wrote:Try renaming the file to filename.mpg and see if VideRedo recognises that. As I mentioned I'm not up to date on VideRedo but either Womble or TMPGenc will handle BW TS files without bother. Maybe you could download the trial version of Womble and do a conversion.

The only other thing to do is get hold of ProjectX and either demux it (that will fix a number of errors) or simply select "To TS" and then try that file in VideRedo.
Renaming the file made no difference.

With Womble it says "Cannot open the file"

I've tried other recordings from SD TV and it (the ts file) runs in VideoReDo, but once I Save As a mpg, I only get audio...

DaveR
Wizard

Post by DaveR » Sun Apr 06, 2008 21:45

benhsau wrote:I've tried other recordings from SD TV and it (the ts file) runs in VideoReDo, but once I Save As a mpg, I only get audio...
That's where ProjectX, apparently, comes into it's own. I've never heard of anyone ever having audio or video problems after using projectx on their file.
cheers
DaveR

IceTV, T4, T3, T2, P2, S1, FV-L1(P1 fw), TRF-2460, HDR-7500 and Skippa

diesel
Wizard

Post by diesel » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:53

I have been able to grab the .TS and .tvwiz files after downloading onto PC with WizFX no problems, both on a XP and Vista machine using VRD no problems :o

I haven't experienced that error message. I am using VRD TV Suite. I'll have a look tonight and see what my settings are as I will be doing some transfers.

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Mon Apr 07, 2008 13:28

benhsau wrote:
netmask wrote:Try renaming the file to filename.mpg and see if VideRedo recognises that. As I mentioned I'm not up to date on VideRedo but either Womble or TMPGenc will handle BW TS files without bother. Maybe you could download the trial version of Womble and do a conversion.

Renaming the file made no difference.

With Womble it says "Cannot open the file"

I've tried other recordings from SD TV and it (the ts file) runs in VideoReDo, but once I Save As a mpg, I only get audio...

The only type of TS file that Womble won't open in my experience is one created by LiDIC which is actually a MP4 TS format... it sounds like the transferred file is corrupt - you could try ProjectX in DEMUX mode and then load the resulting video and audio files into Womble and then export as MPEG. If you still have the file on the Wiz maybe transferring it again or transfer it to a USB hard disk and then use WizFx to convert the tvwiz format to TS

Good luck!!
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

benhsau
Apprentice

Post by benhsau » Mon Apr 07, 2008 20:35

The problem must be with LiDIC, as I seem to have the problem only with these recordings. The other issue I?ve worked out to be codec issues.

Although now I'm having reception problems on the normal channels (SD 10, 7 etc).

Keeps pixilating, the signal meter on the info box goes over to the red on the right side. Does this indicate the signal is too strong? I have Topfield 5000 set up on the same antenna (chain) and have no reception problems. Eg channel 10 on BW is pixilating badly, and at the same time, channel 10 on the toppy is fine (full signal strength)

benhsau
Apprentice

Post by benhsau » Mon Apr 07, 2008 20:38

diesel wrote:I have been able to grab the .TS and .tvwiz files after downloading onto PC with WizFX no problems, both on a XP and Vista machine using VRD no problems :o

I haven't experienced that error message. I am using VRD TV Suite. I'll have a look tonight and see what my settings are as I will be doing some transfers.
Hey diesel, that would be great!

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Mon Apr 07, 2008 21:16

benhsau wrote:The problem must be with LiDIC, as I seem to have the problem only with these recordings. The other issue I?ve worked out to be codec issues.

Although now I'm having reception problems on the normal channels (SD 10, 7 etc).

Keeps pixilating, the signal meter on the info box goes over to the red on the right side. Does this indicate the signal is too strong? I have Topfield 5000 set up on the same antenna (chain) and have no reception problems. Eg channel 10 on BW is pixilating badly, and at the same time, channel 10 on the toppy is fine (full signal strength)

OK now we know the problem file is via LiDIC as far as I have been able to find so far, the only editing program that will open them is TMPGenc 4 Express, it also corrects the incorrect aspect ratio of files produced by LiDiC. Once open in TMPGenc you can then convert the file into a standard PAL MPEG2 file or AVI or indeed a whole range of formats.

Currently the BW has 2 types of TS formats - the standard regular one via the tuners MPEG2 TS and the LidiC is actually a MP4 format an example below

General #0
Complete name : G:\beyonwiz\LiDiC Tests\LiDiC_WS_test.ts
Format : MPEG-4 Transport
Format/Family : MPEG-4
File size : 32.0 MiB
PlayTime : 1mn 30s
Bit rate : 2967 Kbps

Video #0
Codec : AVC
Codec/Info : MPEG-4 AVC
Codec profile : Main@L3.0
PlayTime : 1mn 30s
Width : 720 pixels
Height : 576 pixels
Aspect ratio : 5/4
Standard : PAL
Language : English
PixelAspectRatio : 1.000
DisplayAspectRatio : 1.250

Audio #0
Codec : AAC
Codec/Family : AAC
Video0 delay : 11s 237ms
Language : English

- it's a pity they didn't have a different suffix to make the point obvious.
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

Return to “General Discussion”