IceTV's Own PVR - "IceBox"

Discuss Beyonwiz related topics here if they don't fit in another forum.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

asteele
Apprentice

IceTV's Own PVR - "IceBox"

Post by asteele » Tue Feb 13, 2024 09:46

Howdy Folks,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with IceTV's Own PVR - "IceBox"?

It seems like this would be an instant purchase should my V2 suffer a catastrophic failure. (Or maybe I would end up putting a pair of digital tuners on my Synology NAS and see how well Plex manages things - which would need me to run coax over to it which would be a pain.)

I wish IceTV all the luck and success - would be interesting to see what their user interface looks like.

raymondjpg
Guru

Re: IceTV's Own PVR - "IceBox"

Post by raymondjpg » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:04

asteele wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 09:46
I wish IceTV all the luck and success - would be interesting to see what their user interface looks like.

You could look yourself with their BYOB software, but for that you'll need a PC with a spare HDD and I'm pretty sure at least one compatible USB TV tuner.

Alternatively, you could install their software in a Virtualbox VM, but again probably going to need a compatible USB TV tuner, and from what I have seen the tuner won't work so well in a VM.

If you just want to look at the interface, you could install LibreELEC without a tuner attached. Basically it's a stripped down version of Kodi.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

Return to “General Discussion”