T4 not booting

Discuss Beyonwiz related topics here if they don't fit in another forum.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Scobie
Master

T4 not booting

Post by Scobie » Mon Dec 11, 2023 13:55

Had a power outage last week and while the power came back on the T4 did not...

I can hear a little bit of disk activity, but it just sits on the splash screen and the display simply says "Booting..." wit some BIOS or firmware information in small script underneath

I opened it up, blew it out cooled it down and reseated everything but still no good.

I guess it could be the PS, the HDD itself or maybe corrupted firmware? Any thoughts appreciated, and any hints as for which PS components to replace if that is the case that it is not delivering enough juice to spin up the disk fully.

Failing that, the T4 does not owe me anything, so if its not something I can repair myself I'll salute it and send it on its way.

Thanks

Scobie.
BeyonWiz T4
Cambridge Audio CXR120
Sony Bravia KDL-55HX820
QNAP TS-453mini
JBL Authentic L8

Scobie
Master

Re: T4 not booting

Post by Scobie » Mon Dec 11, 2023 15:02

Ok, well how about that...it lives to stream another day.

I re flashed the firmware (thanks Peter for the download link on the board) and up she came.

See how we go from here.

Cheers

Scobie
BeyonWiz T4
Cambridge Audio CXR120
Sony Bravia KDL-55HX820
QNAP TS-453mini
JBL Authentic L8

peteru
Uber Wizard

Re: T4 not booting

Post by peteru » Tue Dec 26, 2023 22:25

My T4 fell over in a similar way about the same time (however I was in Melbourne and could not do anything about it). I had the family turn it off at the wall until I had the time to look at it.

Yesterday, I hooked up the serial port for debugging and discovered that the internal flash was somehow corrupt. The T4 would panic during early boot and reboot 3 minutes later, only to do the same thing over and over in an infinite loop.

The fix was simple. USB reflash, followed by a settings backup restore when prompted. Now everything is back to normal again.

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

Return to “General Discussion”