Powering on/off with Android app

Discuss Beyonwiz related topics here if they don't fit in another forum.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

chochook
Apprentice

Powering on/off with Android app

Post by chochook » Tue Aug 15, 2023 01:16

I admit I deliberately put this post in the wrong category because the last posted in the app category was like 2 years ago so I'm worried it wouldn't be seen lol

So anyway is there a way of powering the V2 on/off or even standby with the Wizos for Android app? cheers

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: Powering on/off with Android app

Post by MrQuade » Tue Aug 15, 2023 14:04

Most of us can see when a new post has been made in any of the forum areas, so it should be answered no matter where you post the question.

I don't think WizOS is available on the play store any more, but you can probably still install it from an .apk if you have one or can find one.

The alternative would be to use the "GB Player" app, which is not Beyonwiz specific, but is largely the same.

As far as I know, there is no direct access to the "Power off" commands from the app like you can do with the V2's web interface.

You can however, control the Wiz from the app using the remote control functions, which allow you to switch it on and off, but for that, you'd need to be able to see the TV screen to verify what the Wiz was actually doing.

With that being said, there is also no way for the app to wake the Wiz from deep standby, as the Wiz's network interface will not be running.

I can't remember what the status of the V2's WoL functionality was, but even then, the app doesn't have built in WoL support either.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

chochook
Apprentice

Post by chochook » Tue Aug 15, 2023 18:34

Funnily enough Wiz OS is still available in the Android Google play store but i cannot find GB player. Or maybe it's just hidden under those damn 'recommended' apps.

Yeah I really wanted the app or remote to be able to turn it off and on when I'm have not got the TV on..

What is WOL in simple terms?

Thanks for all the info.

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Tue Aug 15, 2023 21:23

Sending a simple keypress should be achievable with a browser bookmark that sends the code for POWER to OpenWebif.

Grumpy_Geoff should be able to provide a more detailed recipe as he has done some extensive scripting with wget.

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:32

The URL for the command for the OpenWebif power actions is in the form of:
http://ipAddress/web/powerstate?newstate=powerstate_number

Where ipAddress is the numerical dotted-quad (in the style of 123.234.134.156) IP address of the PVR or (if supported by your router) its network name (defaults to the model name: beyonwizt2, beyonwizt3, etc)

and powerstate_number is
0 = Standby
1 = Shutdown
2 = Reboot
3 = Restart Enigma2
116 = Wake-up (from Standby)

The command can't start the PVR from shutdown.

So if you have a Beyonwiz V2, it has its default network name and your router supports local network names, you can put it into shutdown by entering this into your browser's address bar and pressing RETURN (or ENTER, depending on the keyboard):
http://beyonwizv2/web/powerstate?newstate=1
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Return to “General Discussion”