Jellyfin front end plugin?

Discuss Beyonwiz related topics here if they don't fit in another forum.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

peteru
Uber Wizard

Jellyfin front end plugin?

Post by peteru » Sun Apr 09, 2023 20:59

Has anyone come across an enigma2 plugin (any fork) that acts as a front end for a Jellyfin server?

Using the web browser interface through the Beyonwiz is not a workable option.

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

adoxa
Wizard

Re: Jellyfin front end plugin?

Post by adoxa » Mon Apr 10, 2023 00:24

There was a Whirlpool discussion. I had a look at that plugin, but it uses systemd/systemctl.

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Mon Apr 10, 2023 16:07

Thanks for the pointer. It looks like that discussion and the links from it are all about a server. I'm not really interested in that, as I have a much better 24x7 system for running the server. What I would like to get is a user interface on the Beyonwiz that can hook into the rich metadata present on the server. Normally that would be a modern web browser with JavaScript and good HTML5+CSS3 support that also has the ability to stream media well - so not an option on the Beyonwiz.

The Jellyfin server has an API that could be used to build a front end and it can also present the media as files on the network. I was hoping someone may have used those features to cobble together an enigma2 front end.

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Mon Apr 10, 2023 16:31

Ah yes, my mistake. There's perhaps EmbyDream, if it would work.

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:27

peteru wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 16:07
Thanks for the pointer. It looks like that discussion and the links from it are all about a server. I'm not really interested in that, as I have a much better 24x7 system for running the server. What I would like to get is a user interface on the Beyonwiz that can hook into the rich metadata present on the server. Normally that would be a modern web browser with JavaScript and good HTML5+CSS3 support that also has the ability to stream media well - so not an option on the Beyonwiz.

The Jellyfin server has an API that could be used to build a front end and it can also present the media as files on the network. I was hoping someone may have used those features to cobble together an enigma2 front end.
There is an Android app for the Zidoo to run Jellyfin and Kodi and even Plex (albeit badly!) so there is a fair amount of discussion on the Zidoo users forum http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
LED TV SONY Bravia 75" Local dimming ~ Retired Samsung ES8000 65" ~
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

Return to “General Discussion”