How to reset the V2

Discuss Beyonwiz related topics here if they don't fit in another forum.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

User1
Apprentice

How to reset the V2

Post by User1 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:31

I just got my V2 yesterday almost finished setting it up but I think the video setting I changed has caused the TV screen to display nothing but blue. If I turn it off and on I get the BW symbol than 5 sec of a channel before turning back to blue again.

Tried using a pen to hold in the reset or whatever it's called button for a little while at the rear but actually I would like to get out of this preserving

my hour or so of completed setup if possible, even though it would probably take less time second time around.

Is there a smarter than me out of this?

Thanks

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Re: How to reset the V2

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:45

If it is a video resoloution setting issue, try pressing the TV-OUT button a few times until you see an image on the screen, pause a few secs between presses to give it time to sync to the TV.
Once you get something, respond to the "yes, this is okay" prompt, then go back into the settings and adjust properly.

User1
Apprentice

Post by User1 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:54

So easy thank you...I did actually try that but obviously I didn't do it enough times or was too fast, took 5 press and waits.

cheers can keep setting it up.

Just for curiosity if you know I tried pressing the recessed reset button at the back but luckily I did not do it long enough although I thought I should have or there is another thing I need to do at the same time.

For future reference do you how to activate that mode and does it take a person back to a factory software state or back to an as received on delivery if it has been since updated at BW?

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:10

User1 wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:54
Just for curiosity if you know I tried pressing the recessed reset button at the back but luckily I did not do it long enough although I thought I should have or there is another thing I need to do at the same time.

For future reference do you how to activate that mode and does it take a person back to a factory software state or back to an as received on delivery if it has been since updated at BW?

I'm not sure what the V2 reset button does, if anything. I'm not even certain which button you mean, but I guess it's the one on the back panel marked "RECOVERY".

If so, it doesn't appear to do anything, either on a click or on a long press, despite the manual saying "Recovery: Recover to factory settings if menu inaccessible".

I'm not sure what "mode" you want to "activate" either. The last resort to recover from a firmware problem that can't be solved otherwise is to reload the firmware from USB. Doing a factory reset doesn't actually take everything back to exactly the factory settings, though it does for most things. Reloading the firmware from USB and not restoring a settings backup will take you back to the true initial factory state for the firmware.

If you want to do a factory reset, then from live TV, it's MENU>Setup>System>Factory reset, but it's a bit hard to do that "blind" if the TV screen isn't showing anything. Provided that your Beyonwiz is networked and the Beyonwiz has correctly configured its network connection, it's possible to do the factory reset using the onscreen "remote" using your computer's browser and the Beyonwiz's Open Webif Web page.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:18

User1 wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:54

Pretty sure the "reset" button is a just a reboot command to the V2. If there is any actual software that pays attention to that command, I don't know ;).

If you want to go back to "factory default", then you need to load a fresh copy of the firmware from USB.
This will format the internal flash and load on the firmware as a completely new installation.

There is a "factory reset" option in the V2 main menu, but all this does is set *most* of the V2 settings back to a default state. It will not restore the original factory software state, uninstall plugins, or undo any hand-made customisations that you may have made.

USB method is the preferred option for returning to a clean state.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

User1
Apprentice

Post by User1 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:24

Wonderful thank you both can make better sense of it now.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:34

MrQuade wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:18
Pretty sure the "reset" button is a just a reboot command to the V2. If there is any actual software that pays attention to that command, I don't know ;)..

I'm not sure what you mean. It certainly didn't actually initiate a reboot on my V2. The actual reboot program on the V2 will do what the label says it does.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:01

That button needs to be held down when you turn the V2 on in order to enter the firmware update mode. The effect is the same as holding the front panel button when powering on, but much harder to do. That's why that tiny button has been mostly ignored by everyone.

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Jun 05, 2020 13:56

Thanks for the explanation.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system