Resetting Playback Position For All Files In A Folder?

Discuss Beyonwiz related topics here if they don't fit in another forum.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

billyblue
Apprentice

Resetting Playback Position For All Files In A Folder?

Post by billyblue » Thu Feb 20, 2020 19:01

I've started rewatching some older series from my NAS. But having watched them before on my U4 (also applies to my V2) I'd like to be able to reset the playback position for all files in a folder rather than having to do each file individually.

Is there anyway to achieve this?

- No, I do not expect a reset on the U4 to action on the V2 and vice versa!

Both machines are on firmware 19.3/20191106

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: Resetting Playback Position For All Files In A Folder?

Post by MrQuade » Thu Feb 20, 2020 19:20

billyblue wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 19:01
I've started rewatching some older series from my NAS. But having watched them before on my U4 (also applies to my V2) I'd like to be able to reset the playback position for all files in a folder rather than having to do each file individually.

Is there anyway to achieve this?

- No, I do not expect a reset on the U4 to action on the V2 and vice versa!

Both machines are on firmware 19.3/20191106
If they are recordings that still have the .ts file and all the metadata, then the playback position is saved at the recording location. If these series are just generic media files .mkv .avi etc, then the playback position is stored locally on the Wiz.

If your reordings are .ts, unfortunately, that means resetting playback on one Wiz will do the same on the other Wiz.

If you want to reset the playback position of multiple files, then you can tick them using the marker buttons. 0, PREV and NEXT from the usual Media Player interface (0 marks a file, NEXT marks a file and moves to the next file etc..). You can then perform an action that applies to all marked files.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Fri Feb 21, 2020 00:41

You could also do long NEXT to mark them all, then selectively unmark the ones that shouldn't change (long PREV will unmark all).

billyblue
Apprentice

Post by billyblue » Fri Feb 21, 2020 16:30

Thanks for the help guys it's working now.

FTR: The files I've stored are mainly .MP4, with small numbers of MKV, AVI and even a few WMVs, I haven't tried with recordings on either machine.

A couple of observations:

First, Unwatched files can be marked and processed without apparent harm

Second, You can't leave the current folder - regardless of what is highlighted - whilst something is marked in that folder, it plays the first item marked. You can Exit the Media player and upon return the marking is lost.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Fri Feb 21, 2020 16:40

billyblue wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 16:30
Second, You can't leave the current folder - regardless of what is highlighted - whilst something is marked in that folder, it plays the first item marked. You can Exit the Media player and upon return the marking is lost.
Yes, there is no facility to mark files in multiple folders.

If you wanted to nuke everything from orbit, you could always just delete the /etc/enigma2/resumepoint.pkl file. That will delete all of the tracked resume points. (You may need to stop enigma2 before doing that though, as it may be one of those files kept in memory?)
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Feb 21, 2020 17:11

MrQuade wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 16:40
If you wanted to nuke everything from orbit, you could always just delete the /etc/enigma2/resumepoint.pkl file. That will delete all of the tracked resume points. (You may need to stop enigma2 before doing that though, as it may be one of those files kept in memory?)

/etc/enigma2/resumepoints.pkl :)

And yes, one of the last things enigma2 does before shutting down is to write the resumepoints file. And because it's cached in memory, but written after any update without reloading the file copy, changing it while the firmware is running would be very fragile even if it wasn't written at shutdown.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Return to “General Discussion”