Tuner doesnt find channels

Discuss Beyonwiz related topics here if they don't fit in another forum.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

vku
Apprentice

Tuner doesnt find channels

Post by vku » Tue Jan 21, 2020 17:53

Hi,

After having my T4 crash on entering the setip menu (see my other post below) I reloaded the firmware and all good except.....

My tuners wont work. I suspect they are toast as whilst away during christmas all programmed recordings started and failed, due to the what I believe is a tuner failure.

After reloading the firmware the T4 went into the tuner menu and it defaulted to Australia and Sydney and the scan lasted for all of 25 seconds. Coax cable has signal (TV receives signal with same cable) but alas no channels found.

Just wondering if there is anything im missing or more likely how to replace the tuners.

I did try putting the airial into 2 of the T4's tuners before waving a white flag... :-(

Thanks in advance

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Re: Tuner doesnt find channels

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Tue Jan 21, 2020 18:28

Separately, try the lead in to each tuner socket and perform a manual scan using that specific tuner. Tuners A/B and C/D are paired.
You may have the tuner power regulator issue. See this topic and the links within.

vku
Apprentice

Post by vku » Tue Jan 21, 2020 21:03

Thanks Geoff, no luck I'm afraid. Ill now start on te forums re tuner power regulator.
Bother tuners showed under menu/info/devices

Any suggestions on where to send my T4? (I'm in Sydney)

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Tue Jan 21, 2020 22:19

vku wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 21:03
Thanks Geoff, no luck I'm afraid. Ill now start on te forums re tuner power regulator.
Bother tuners showed under menu/info/devices

Any suggestions on where to send my T4? (I'm in Sydney)

All 4 tuners should show in Menu>>Information>>Devices.
Shut down, power off, wait 30 mins, Take the cover off and have a look at the tuner regulators. Post pics so some knowledgeable folk can advise.

Foe repairs, get in touch with Mark/warkus, the living legend, at http://decisivecomputersolutions.com.au/contact.html
He should be able to advise on the couriers and costs, plus give you an idea of his repair costs. Circa $100 I believe (depending on the extent of the damage).

vku
Apprentice

Post by vku » Wed Jan 22, 2020 22:22

Thanks again for the advice, very much appreciated. Will ship T4 for repair

vku
Apprentice

Post by vku » Mon Apr 06, 2020 22:51

Just an FYI, I got in touch with Mark/warkus, the living legend, at http://decisivecomputersolutions.com.au/contact.html and he was brilliant, drobo now fixed and functioning perfectly.

Return to “General Discussion”