Beyonwiz gets Interactive with IceTV!

Anouncements of updates and new products.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Wiz HQ
Site Admin

Beyonwiz gets Interactive with IceTV!

Post by Wiz HQ » Tue May 06, 2008 21:03

Australia's No1 voted PVR gets Interactive with IceTV!

Wednesday, May 7 2008

Beyonwiz will become the first PVR in Australia to support IceTV?s remote recording feature giving users total control over their TV viewing from anywhere, anytime.

Sydney ? 6 May, 2008 ? Beyonwiz has continued to raise the standards bar in PVR technology for Australian consumers by integrating not only the IceTV EPG, but now IceTV Interactive.

Beyonwiz PVR users with an IceTV subscription can now set individual episodes or an entire series of their favourite TV shows on digital free-to-air television to record onto their PVR at home, from anywhere.

With IceTV Interactive features now supported, Beyonwiz users can choose from multiple remote recording options using any web browser, web-enabled mobile phone or while using the all new IceTV Widget.

By simply logging in at www.icetv.com.au (using a PC or Mac browser), www.remoterecord.com.au (if using a mobile phone), or while using the extremely popular IceTV Widget, Beyonwiz PVR users can now manage their TV recordings remotely with just a few simple ?clicks? as well as enjoy other interactive features to choose from.

Customers can search through the online TV guide, see IceTV?s Most Popular* TV ratings, get personalised IceTV Recommendations** on shows they may be interested in and then freely decide what they would like their Beyonwiz PVR at home to record.

Those with multiple Beyonwiz PVR?s at home can even select which device they want to do the recording. Using the IceTV Interactive features to remotely manage TV recordings will also mean that if a user?s favourite show goes off air for 6 months and then comes back, fear not? IceTV will instruct the Beyonwiz PVR to go ahead and record it again.

The additional support of these exciting consumer focused features, demonstrates Beyonwiz?s ongoing commitment to their products and customers. By working with IceTV and continually adding new and exciting features, they further enhance your home entertainment experience.

IceTV is at the forefront of Electronic Program Guide (EPG) and interactive TV technology and provides the IceTV service to a vast array of digital recording devices, offering truly unique features that give users ultimate control over how they consume their favourite TV shows and when.

With IceTV, users can easily navigate through program listings for the week ahead using their remote control (at home) or their PC (while at work), set individual recordings by simply highlighting the show and pressing record, create series recordings, Favourite lists and more. All while knowing that every time they sit down at home to watch TV there will always be something worth watching.

?Beyonwiz PVR?s have hit the Australian market by storm. They were one of the first dual high definition PVR?s available to consumers and the first to build-in a DVD player and WiFi connectivity. They continue to lead the way by becoming the first PVR to support IceTV Interactive, offering true remote recording capabilities and so much more.? said IceTV?s General Manager, Matt Kossatz.

?Both IceTV & Beyonwiz are dedicated in making it as easy as possible for users to locate, manage and ultimately enjoy their favourite TV shows. IceTV?s Interactive features combined with a Beyonwiz PVR will mean user?s can have total control and even greater freedom over what they watch and when.?

Up until now, no PVR was made capable of supporting IceTV?s Interactive services, with the only devices supporting these features being PC based media centre devices running either Microsoft?s XP MCE2005 or Vista platforms and Mac TV Tuner devices running Elgato?s EyeTV software.

Digital Product Group Pty Ltd (Australian distributor of Beyonwiz) General Manager Jai Kemp said:

?This is an exciting time for Australian digital Free-to-Air TV. With more and more high definition content available, new channels and now with Beyonwiz and IceTV it really is a combination that rivals any market anywhere in the world.?

?IceTV Interactive offer?s features that everyone will use, it is fantastic to think that I can be stuck at work or at the Airport, I can?t get onto the wife and I?m going to miss the final climatic episode of ?Underbelly?!!! Noooooo!!! Now I can simply log onto IceTV via my PC or even on my mobile phone and with a couple of clicks my favourite show will be waiting for me on my Beyonwiz when I finally arrive home?

To start enjoying all the IceTV Interactive features, current Beyonwiz PVR owners just need to visit www.beyonwiz.com.au/download and follow the simple instructions provided to upgrade their Beyonwiz PVR firmware. Then log in at www.icetv.com.au and click on ?Interactive?.

Return to “Wiz News”