01.05.301 Bug List and Wizh List - DP-H1 specific

Beyonwiz HD STB / Network Media Player.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

prl
Wizard God

01.05.301 Bug List and Wizh List - DP-H1 specific

Post by prl » Mon Jun 08, 2009 13:35

This post summarises DP-H1 specific bugs and suggestions as they come in. Bugs and suggestions that relate to both the DP-H1 and DP-S1 or DP-P1 should go in the DP-S1 and DP-P1 forum. I will try to link to the original report posts, any confirmations and any reports of different behaviour relating to the report; reports of fixes will be linked to.

Bugs:

1. Recording/playback issues:
(a) If a timer starts while there is a current recording started using instant recording, the meaning of the options in the "Duplicated timer resolving" popup is unclear (OK button for "Stop"; Exit button for "Cancel Live"). "Stop" appears to be intended to be "Cancel Timer Recording" and "Cancel Live" appears to be intended to be "Cancel Instant Recording". The implementation of the "Stop" option is clearly faulty. Report. Confirmed.
(b) Playback of media files does not work reliably on a normal USB HDD if there is also a registered recording USB HDD attached. Lengthy discussion and confirmation. Summary of problem.
(c) Several users report that enabling WizPnP Client on a DP-H1 does not work correctly. The problem appears to be caused by the wizpnp program not starting, or exiting shortly after starting. Disabling and re-enabling the WizPnP client is not a workaround for the problem. Factory reset on both the server and client doesn't work. Reverting to 1.05.280 is a workaround, but recordings made in 301 do not appear to work on 280. Reports a, b, c, d, e, f.
Workaround: the problem can be worked around by attaching a registered recording USB HDD. Even a small capacity drive (e.g. a USB thumb drive), too small to be of practical use for recording, will work.

2. GUI Issues:
(a) If there is no USB HDD registered on the DP-H1, Popup>Timer List causes a "No HDD" error, but the error message is hidden behind the Timer List.
(b) If there is no USB HDD registered for recording on the DP-H1, GUIDE REC does not give any "No HDD" warning, in contrast to Popup>Timer List, Add Timer -- see 2(a).
(c) If a timer is set, and when it fires there is no HDD registered for recording on the DP-H1, there is no warning.
(d) After the timer start time has passed, and there is no HDD registered for recording on the DP-H1, powering off brings up the "This operation stops timer recording(s). Continue? Later/Yes/No", even though there isn't a recording running, because there can't be one running, since there's no HDD. This is inconsistent with the fact that in thes circumstances, Popup>Recording information shows no current recordings (which is correct). This behaviour continues even after the timer end time has finished. The warning goes away if the DP-H1 is rebooted.
(e) When a Once timer has completed, it isn't removed from the timer list, even on reboot, if there is no HDD registered for recording on the DP-H1.
(f) Registered USB HDD usage indicators in Recording Information and FilePlayer work correctly, but the usage indicator in the front panel VFD does not.

3. Copy / move issues:
(a) There are still bugs with copy and move on the DP-H1 (Recording USB = USB drive registered for recording; USB = USB drive formatted by Beyonwiz, but not registered for recording):

........Recording USB -> USB: Works for very short recordings. The copy hangs after transferring about 80MB on longer recordings, even though with short recordings it can transfer more that 80MB.
........USB -> Recording USB: Same as Recording USB -> USB
........USB -> Network share: Copy starts, but the progress bar freezes after a short time. The copy continues to the end, but at the end an error popup flashes up on the screen 2-3sec displayed, 2-3 seconds not displayed: "Access Error. Temporarily not Accessible". No indication of what is not accessible. H1 does not respond to EXIT, Power, etc. Must be shut off at the mains. Recording is copied correctly
........Network share -> USB: As for USB -> Network share.

Enhancement requests
1. Recording/playback enhancements:
(a) The ability to register a partition as the recording drive, rather than the whole hard drive.
(b) The ability for a DP-H1 with an attached HDD registered for recording to act as a media server in the same way as the DP-S1 and DP-P1 are able to.

2. EPG Enhancements:
(a) Save the IceTV EPG to the recording HDD (if there is a recording HDD registered) and load it from there if connection to the IceTV server fails. Otherwise there is a 1-hour delay until any EPG is available.

Last update 12/6/08.
Last edited by prl on Tue Dec 29, 2009 18:33, edited 3 times in total.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

crippstor
Apprentice

Post by crippstor » Mon Jun 08, 2009 17:50

Prl,

Thanks very much for your efforts on this, also thanks to everyone else who's involved in helping improve the Beyonwiz products.
Just an update to my last posts regarding the wizpnp failure. I've also tried a file re index on my P1 ( still running 301 ) and this results in no change to the situation in my last post.
The next lot of recordings after the file indexing update is scheduled to happen tonight, so if any of them are playable I'll post the results.

craigh
Wizard

Post by craigh » Mon Jun 08, 2009 17:59

crippstor wrote:Prl,

Thanks very much for your efforts on this, also thanks to everyone else who's involved in helping improve the Beyonwiz products.
Just an update to my last posts regarding the wizpnp failure. I've also tried a file re index on my P1 ( still running 301 ) and this results in no change to the situation in my last post.
The next lot of recordings after the file indexing update is scheduled to happen tonight, so if any of them are playable I'll post the results.
I can fairly well guaranty they wont be playable.

There was a format change of some sort during the beta process that made newer files only playable by the later firmwares.

So an H1 on 280 should not be able to play a 301 recording.
Craig
T4 + Kodi + Foxtel IQ2 > Yamaha RX-V2700 > Panasonic Plasma
T2 + Kodi Player > Pioneer Plasma
5 x Kodi + Enigma Plugin > LCD TV's
Retired - S1, P1, P1, FLV1, H1, H1
Foxtel IQ3 > Digi-MOD RL-DM1102 - SD DTV RF Modulator > All TV's
Remotes - Pronto TSU9400's + TSU7500's

crippstor
Apprentice

Post by crippstor » Mon Jun 08, 2009 18:00

As an addition, I don't know if this will help in rectifying the issue, but we also have a laptop with file sharing enabled on our network here at home. Before the upgrade both my P1 and H1 would "see" the laptop, after the upgade neither would see it. Since a factory reset and roll back to 280 the H1 now sees it again.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Jun 08, 2009 18:13

crippstor wrote:As an addition, I don't know if this will help in rectifying the issue, but we also have a laptop with file sharing enabled on our network here at home. Before the upgrade both my P1 and H1 would "see" the laptop, after the upgade neither would see it. Since a factory reset and roll back to 280 the H1 now sees it again.
Others have reported that they see Windows shares even though they can't access their WizPnP servers from their H1s.

Have you tried a Clear All PC/Scan in the Network part of the FilePlayer?
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Jun 08, 2009 18:14

craigh wrote:...
There was a format change of some sort during the beta process that made newer files only playable by the later firmwares.
I guess that's the addition of the Autodelete information in the recordings.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Jun 08, 2009 18:16

crippstor wrote:Prl,

The problem seems to be caused by the wizpnp client service not running on the DP-H1 after startup. If that's not running there's no way any part of the WizPnP service can run on the H1. Re-indexing has already been reported not to work I'll add a link to a post reporting failure to B1(c).

Edit: I can only find tonymy01's suggestion to try re-indexing, and no post where someone's tried it. Given the apparent cause, it's unlikely that it will help, but there's no harm in trying it.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

crippstor
Apprentice

Post by crippstor » Mon Jun 08, 2009 19:02

prl wrote:
crippstor wrote:As an addition, I don't know if this will help in rectifying the issue, but we also have a laptop with file sharing enabled on our network here at home. Before the upgrade both my P1 and H1 would "see" the laptop, after the upgade neither would see it. Since a factory reset and roll back to 280 the H1 now sees it again.
Others have reported that they see Windows shares even though they can't access their WizPnP servers from their H1s.

Prl,
Sure have, several times. No joy I'm afraid.

craigh
Wizard

Post by craigh » Mon Jun 08, 2009 20:17

crippstor wrote:
prl wrote:

Prl,
Sure have, several times. No joy I'm afraid.
I noticed some strange things while playing with the network settings on an H1.

I may have been confused but it appeared teh network settings i was setting were not getting applied.

After changing it between DHCP and fixed a number of times it seemed to hold the old settings till a full power down.

Can you ping the H1 ? If not swap the h1 to fixed or dhcp and try again.

Once you have a valid network smb shares should be available.

I
Last edited by craigh on Mon Jun 08, 2009 20:41, edited 1 time in total.
Craig

crippstor
Apprentice

Post by crippstor » Mon Jun 08, 2009 21:36

Network shares are all fine running on dhcp on the H1 using both 301 and 280. Here's hoping a fix for wizpnp isn't too far away.

Paul55
Wizard

Post by Paul55 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 22:28

prl wrote:
craigh wrote:...
I guess that's the addition of the Autodelete information in the recordings.
Does this mean that if Autodelete is disabled when the recording is made, the 'new' files will play under .280 ??
DP-P1 & DP-P2 x 2, 01.05/07.350 Samsung PS64E8000, Pioneer 508XDA, IceTV, Yamaha RX-V3800a, Toppy TRF-2400, Foxtel IQ3, Harmony 1100i, Digitech HDMI switch, Beyonwiz DP-H1 , FW 01.05.350, 320GB Maxtor USB HDD, 42" Panasonic G10A, Yamaha RX-V795a, Foxtel IQ2, Harmony 785, WDTV Live x 3

Gully

Post by Gully » Mon Jun 08, 2009 22:58

Paul55 wrote:Does this mean that if Autodelete is disabled when the recording is made, the 'new' files will play under .280 ??
I doubt it - there would still be changes in the header.
Cheers
Gully

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Jun 08, 2009 23:09

crippstor wrote:Network shares are all fine running on dhcp on the H1 using both 301 and 280. Here's hoping a fix for wizpnp isn't too far away.
What was the problem?
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

crippstor
Apprentice

Post by crippstor » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:05

Gully wrote:
Paul55 wrote:Does this mean that if Autodelete is disabled when the recording is made, the 'new' files will play under .280 ??
Can confirm that files made in this way do not play in 280. I have auto delete off on my P1 and have had since the update.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:09

I may be able to make a firmware hack to enable WizPnP client on H1s that don't run it. I've asked one of the beta testers who also has the same problem if he'd be willing to test it.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

crippstor
Apprentice

Post by crippstor » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:37

That would be a ripper if it works. I'd really prefer not having to roll back my P1 as my family and I are getting a lot of use out of the Wiz TV extra content.
Good luck with it and thanks for working on it.

Paul55
Wizard

Post by Paul55 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 18:13

crippstor wrote:
Gully wrote:
Can confirm that files made in this way do not play in 280. I have auto delete off on my P1 and have had since the update.
Great!! So this 'feature' that plenty of users didn't want in the first place and was forced on us is now causing problems - what a surprise NOT!
Wasn't this one of the concerns we raised weeks ago? - Introducing something else that can go wrong. (Shakes head in frustrated disbelief).
I guess all efforts will now be directed towards fixing the introduced fault rather than the long-standing ones :evil: :evil:
DP-P1 & DP-P2 x 2, 01.05/07.350 Samsung PS64E8000, Pioneer 508XDA, IceTV, Yamaha RX-V3800a, Toppy TRF-2400, Foxtel IQ3, Harmony 1100i, Digitech HDMI switch, Beyonwiz DP-H1 , FW 01.05.350, 320GB Maxtor USB HDD, 42" Panasonic G10A, Yamaha RX-V795a, Foxtel IQ2, Harmony 785, WDTV Live x 3

Gully

Post by Gully » Tue Jun 09, 2009 18:30

Paul55 wrote:Great!! So this 'feature' that plenty of users didn't want in the first place and was forced on us is now causing problems - what a surprise NOT!
Wasn't this one of the concerns we raised weeks ago? - Introducing something else that can go wrong. (Shakes head in frustrated disbelief).
I guess all efforts will now be directed towards fixing the introduced fault rather than the long-standing ones :evil: :evil:
I don't believe anyone can lay the blame for WizPnP not starting consistently on H1's and suggest it was caused by the addition of Auto Deleting. The mishap could have happened at any time regardless of what was added or not to the firmware.
Cheers
Gully

Paul55
Wizard

Post by Paul55 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 18:44

I'm certainly no programmer, but hasn't it been stated by some knowledgeable contributors that the autodelete flags in the header are what stops a .280 H1 from reading a .301 created file?
We obviously don't know what caused the H1 WizPNP failure - otherwise it would have been fixed. However, it can be fairly assumed that it was one of the changes and autodelete has to be investigated.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Jun 09, 2009 18:48

The workaround that Hanjo (makinen) posted on the beta forum appears to have nothing to do with Autodelete. On my H1, WizPnP worked whether I had Autodelete enabled or not.

Anyway, the workaround that Hanjo posted was simple: for some reason that he didn't go into, WizPnP works if you have a registered recording USB HDD attached to the H1, and it doesn't work if you don't.

I've verified this. When I removed my registered HDD on my H1, WizPnP stopped working. When I added a USB thumb drive and registered it, WizPnP started working (after I did a WizPnP Disable/Enable cycle, exiting the WizPnP setup screen between the Disable and Enable). It continued working after a reboot. When I re-attached my normal recording HDD, WizPnP worked. The thumb drive that I tested this on was an old 128MB drive, so you don't need anything big or fancy.

So the workaround is to simply find an unused USB HDD or thumb drive, connect it to the H1, register it as a recording HDD, and restart the H1. The H1 may complain about the HDD being small if you register a thumb drive; just ignore it. This procedure will wipe the contents of the HDD you use. Pretty much any USB thumb drive should work for this, provided the H1 recognises it at all. If you register a small HDD (normal HDD or thumb drive), you'll probably want to make sure that you leave timeshifting disabled, and don't do any recording, otherwise it' will be forever whinging about being out of space.

As a bonus, because you have a recording HDD attached, you'll get EPG caching, now too.

I'm still willing to go ahead with a firmware hack to work around this problem, but that will mean running modified firmware, and it will need a FAT32-formatted thumb drive (or other USB drive) anyway, though it won't require you to erase the data on it.

Edit: craigh has posted on the beta forum that this didn't work on his H1 that hadn't ever run a beta release between 280 and 301. I don't know why that would be, so YMMV.
Last edited by prl on Tue Jun 09, 2009 19:09, edited 1 time in total.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Jun 09, 2009 18:50

Paul55 wrote:...
We obviously don't know what caused the H1 WizPNP failure - otherwise it would have been fixed. However, it can be fairly assumed that it was one of the changes and autodelete has to be investigated.
We now have a little more information (see my previous post), and my guess would be that Autodelete isn't responsible, but of course it can't be ruled out. There is now also a fairly simple, if a little bizarre, workaround.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

crippstor
Apprentice

Post by crippstor » Tue Jun 09, 2009 19:14

Well that workaround seems simple enough, time to rumage through the drawers and see what I have lying around, or it's a trip to the shops on my way to work tomorrow and I'll try it out.

craigh
Wizard

Post by craigh » Tue Jun 09, 2009 19:16

Out of interest how many of the people with H1 Wizpnp problems have a registered drive connected.
Craig

jezza
Apprentice

Post by jezza » Tue Jun 09, 2009 19:59

No registered drive attached but I am about to try it out.

Cheers
jezza

jezza
Apprentice

Post by jezza » Tue Jun 09, 2009 20:07

I now have registered 8GB USB stick, by the time it took me to back out and then head to look for the S1 from my H1, the network had registered and I know can play direct from my S1 to my H1.
I was just wondering, is it something deliberate, in that the H1 needs extra memory ie a USB drive, to stream from another Beyonwiz device, but we have not been told this.

Cheers
jezza

crippstor
Apprentice

Post by crippstor » Tue Jun 09, 2009 20:16

craigh wrote:Out of interest how many of the people with H1 Wizpnp problems have a registered drive connected.
No registered drive attache here either. I'll be trying it in the morning, although initial reports from others look great

dfp
Apprentice

Post by dfp » Tue Jun 09, 2009 20:16

good stuff that workaround working nicely!

Gully

Post by Gully » Tue Jun 09, 2009 20:49

jezza wrote:I was just wondering, is it something deliberate, in that the H1 needs extra memory ie a USB drive, to stream from another Beyonwiz device, but we have not been told this.
Nothing has been said to suggest this and the fix as I understand it will not require it.
Cheers
Gully

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Jun 09, 2009 21:56

It's good to see that the workaround is working for everyone who's tried it so far (apart from craigh).

I'm still happy to go ahead with the firmware hack if the workaround doesn't work in all cases.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Trial_Master
Guru

Post by Trial_Master » Wed Jun 10, 2009 09:42

prl wrote:The workaround that Hanjo (makinen) posted on the beta forum appears to have nothing to do with Autodelete. On my H1, WizPnP worked whether I had Autodelete enabled or not.

Anyway, the workaround that Hanjo posted was simple: for some reason that he didn't go into, WizPnP works if you have a registered recording USB HDD attached to the H1, and it doesn't work if you don't.

I've verified this. When I removed my registered HDD on my H1, WizPnP stopped working. When I added a USB thumb drive and registered it, WizPnP started working (after I did a WizPnP Disable/Enable cycle, exiting the WizPnP setup screen between the Disable and Enable). It continued working after a reboot. When I re-attached my normal recording HDD, WizPnP worked. The thumb drive that I tested this on was an old 128MB drive, so you don't need anything big or fancy.

So the workaround is to simply find an unused USB HDD or thumb drive, connect it to the H1, register it as a recording HDD, and restart the H1. The H1 may complain about the HDD being small if you register a thumb drive; just ignore it. This procedure will wipe the contents of the HDD you use. Pretty much any USB thumb drive should work for this, provided the H1 recognises it at all. If you register a small HDD (normal HDD or thumb drive), you'll probably want to make sure that you leave timeshifting disabled, and don't do any recording, otherwise it' will be forever whinging about being out of space.

As a bonus, because you have a recording HDD attached, you'll get EPG caching, now too.

I'm still willing to go ahead with a firmware hack to work around this problem, but that will mean running modified firmware, and it will need a FAT32-formatted thumb drive (or other USB drive) anyway, though it won't require you to erase the data on it.

Edit: craigh has posted on the beta forum that this didn't work on his H1 that hadn't ever run a beta release between 280 and 301. I don't know why that would be, so YMMV.
Nice find prl

I'm back on 280 now but when the next firmware comes out I'll use my 128MB thumb drive to get EPG cache happening on H1. That will be very handy !!!!!!!

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Jun 10, 2009 09:49

Trial_Master wrote:...
Nice find prl
Thanks, but the discovery that the problem is connected to not having an attached registered recording HDD and using that as a workaround is down to Hanjo (makinen) in Beyonwiz engineering. Most of the user side work on the problem was done by craigh, though I did make some suggestions about what to look at. I'm just the bearer of the tidings.

The fact that even a very small registered drive can be used to provide EPG caching is a tip that originates with me :)
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Trial_Master
Guru

Post by Trial_Master » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:02

prl wrote:
Trial_Master wrote:...
Nice find prl
Thanks, but the discovery that the problem is connected to not having an attached registered recording HDD and using that as a workaround is down to Hanjo (makinen) in Beyonwiz engineering. Most of the user side work on the problem was done by craigh, though I did make some suggestions about what to look at. I'm just the bearer of the tidings.

The fact that even a very small registered drive can be used to provide EPG caching is a tip that originates with me :)
EPG Caching is something I?m keen to use. I think I'll wait for next firmware though it was a time intensive exercise reverting both my devices to factory and 280.

crippstor
Apprentice

Post by crippstor » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:42

Just registered a 2Gb drive on my H1 and all is good. I disabled wizpnp, then updated to 301, then enabled wizpnp and all works and the couple files I tested, that were made on my P1 play correctly.
Thanks to all.

Vortical
Guru

Post by Vortical » Fri Jun 12, 2009 14:58

Are Beyonwiz going to come out with a new H1 firmware to correct this streaming problem when no HDD is attached?

This issue has pretty much put my H1 use to a crashing halt.

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Fri Jun 12, 2009 15:08

Hi Vortical,

I believe that the code behind this issue is already fixed. Beyonwiz hasn't told us when the next release will be shipping. I suspect they would like to make some headway on the DVD issue first.

As has already been suggested, grab an old USB stick or a spare USB hard drive register it on your DP-H1 and that should get around the issue.

Regards,
Ian.

Trial_Master
Guru

Post by Trial_Master » Fri Jun 12, 2009 15:18

IanSav wrote:Hi Vortical,

I believe that the code behind this issue is already fixed. Beyonwiz hasn't told us when the next release will be shipping. I suspect they would like to make some headway on the DVD issue first.

As has already been suggested, grab an old USB stick or a spare USB hard drive register it on your DP-H1 and that should get around the issue.

Regards,
Ian.
Not that I'm affected, but BW should release update to fix the issue for people that don't spend their days on this forum :)

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Jun 12, 2009 15:28

Trial_Master wrote:... BW should release update to fix the issue for people that don't spend their days on this forum :)
IanSav has already asked in the beta forum whether a quick release could be done to fix some of the simpler bugs in 301. Beyonwiz responded, but did not say when the next release would be made.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Fri Jun 12, 2009 15:29

Hi Trial_Master,
Trial_Master wrote:Not that I'm affected, but BW should release update to fix the issue for people that don't spend their days on this forum :)
They will release an update soon. Please bear in mind that there is a lot of work that goes into shipping each update. I doubt Beyonwiz wants to to through the whole release process on too regular a basis.

Regards,
Ian.

Vortical
Guru

Post by Vortical » Sat Jun 13, 2009 05:06

Thanks for the update Ian & Peter

I was looking to try to avoid having to use a USB stick but if I absolutely have to I've got a 2gb stick spare that I could use.

Well done to the user who found the workaround

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:48

Hi Vortical,

I think it was Beyonwiz that offered the workaround. It was something to do with the service only starting if a recording drive is present. The issue is fixed and in the queue for testing in the next beta.

Regards,
Ian.

Trial_Master
Guru

Post by Trial_Master » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:09

I think it was Beyonwiz that offered the workaround. It was something to do with the service only starting if a recording drive is present. The issue is fixed and in the queue for testing in the next beta.

Regards,
Ian.
I'm looking forward to using my old 128MB usb on the H1 for EPG cache :)

tonymy01
Uber Wizard
Location: Sydney, Australia DP-S1-1TB, DP-P2-2TB, DP-T4-2TB, DP-T4-BB... too many!

Post by tonymy01 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:17

Exactly. Go into any store anywhere and for the cost of a cheap lunch, you can have a 1G stick easily these days. For the cost of a few more lunches, you can get yourself a 120 or 160G 2.5" HDD powered via USB, and have another single tuner PVR in the house :-)
(ok, $69 to $100 might be LOTS of lunches for some hehe).
Tony

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Jun 13, 2009 18:22

Regards,
Ian.
Correct on all three :)
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

GarFin
Master

Post by GarFin » Fri Jan 22, 2010 17:36

Maybe i'm blind, but i cant see this listed on the bug list.

When AV Output is set to 4:3 Pan&Scan , the H1 (& P1) default display output is 4:3 letterbox. You can use the 'zoom' button on the remote to correct the aspect ratio to 4:3P&S , but this change is forgotten when machine is returned to standby.
Regards Gary
DP-H1,Firmware=DPH1-01.05.350
DP-P1,IceTV,Wired LAN,Firmware=DPP1-01.05.350
DP-P1 > HDMI > Mitsubishi HC4000 DLP Projector,Vout=1080i,Aout=Optical-passthrough > Yamaha RX-V363,IceTV,Wired LAN,Firmware=DPP1-01.05.350

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Jan 22, 2010 18:13

GarFin wrote:Maybe i'm blind, but i cant see this listed on the bug list.

When AV Output is set to 4:3 Pan&Scan , the H1 (& P1) default display output is 4:3 letterbox. You can use the 'zoom' button on the remote to correct the aspect ratio to 4:3P&S , but this change is forgotten when machine is returned to standby.
This isn't a H1-specific problem. Discussion on this should go in the main bug list.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Return to “DP-H1”