01.05.261 Bug List and Wish List - DP-H1 specific

Beyonwiz HD STB / Network Media Player.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

prl
Wizard God

01.05.261 Bug List and Wish List - DP-H1 specific

Post by prl » Sat Aug 23, 2008 16:12

This post summarises DP-H1 specific bugs and suggestions as they come in. Bugs and suggestions that relate to both the DP-H1 and DP-S1 or DP-P1 should go in the DP-S1 and DP-P1 forum. I will try to link to the original report posts, any confirmations and any reports of different behaviour relating to the report; reports of fixes will be linked to.

Most of the WizPnP bugs that were listed here have been recognised as generic and moved to the main bug list. It's likely that the remaining WizPnP bugs here are in fact also generic.

Fixed:

1. Recording/playback issues:
(a) Streaming replay using WizPnP from S1 server sometimes terminates early on long (>1.5 hours) recordings.
No longer appears to be a problem
(b) Replay from external HDD sometimes terminates early early on long (>1.5 hours) recordings. Report.
(d) In some circumstances, where consecutive timers on services on different channels are set, only the first timer receives the correct recording name from the EPG (IceTV or FTA). The other timer(s) have the recording set to the name of the service. The exact circumstances haven't yer been determined, and the problem hasn't yet been confirmed by a second user. Report, and discussion and reports of attempts to reproduce the problem in the posts following.

Bugs:

1. Recording/playback issues:
(c) If a timer starts while there is a current recording started using instant recording, the meaning of the options in the "Duplicated timer resolving" popup is unclear (OK button for "Stop"; Exit button for "Cancel Live"). "Stop" appears to be intender to be "Cancel Timer Recording" and "Cancel Live" appears to be intended to be "Cancel Instant Recording". The implementation of the "Stop" option is clearly faulty. Report. Confirmed.

2. GUI Issues:
(a) If there is no USB HDD registered on the DP-H1, Popup>Timer List causes a "No HDD" error, but the error message is hidden behind the Timer List.
(b) If there is no USB HDD registered for recording on the DP-H1, Guide REC does not give any "No HDD" warning, in contrast to Popup>Timer List, Add Timer -- see 2(a).
(c) If a timer is set, and when it fires there is no HDD registered for recording on the DP-H1, there is no warning.
(d) After the timer start time has passed, and there is no HDD registered for recording on the DP-H1, powering off brings up the "This operation stops timer recording(s). Continue? Later/Yes/No", even though there isn't a recording running, because there can't be one running, since there's no HDD. This is inconsistent with the fact that in thes circumstances, Popup>Recording information shows no current recordings (which is correct). This behaviour continues even after the timer end time has finished. The warning goes away if the DP-H1 is rebooted.
(e) When a Once timer has completed, it isn't removed from the timer list, even on reboot, if there is no HDD registered for recording on the DP-H1.

3. Copy / move issues:
(a) Copy and move no longer work on the DP-H1 (Recording USB = USB drive registered for recording; USB = USB drive formatted by Beyonwiz, but not registered for recording):

........Recording USB -> Network share: copy/move exits immediately on startup, without an error message. This function worked correctly in firmware 01.05.247 and earlier
........USB -> Network share: copy/move exits immediately on startup, without an error message.
........Network share -> Recording USB: It is only possible to select HDD as the destination in the Copy and Move menus. If you continue and try to copy, you get a "Device has been removed" error, because there is no HDD.
........Network share -> USB: It is only possible to select HDD as the destination in the Copy and Move menus. If you continue and try to copy, you get a "Device has been removed" error, because there is no HDD.
........USB -> Recording USB: It is only possible to select HDD and Network as the destination in the Copy and Move menus. If you continue and try to copy, you get a "Device has been removed" error, because there is no HDD. Report, and in some following posts in the same topic. Also this topic, and this one.

Enhancement requests
1. Recording/playback enhancements:
(a) The ability to register a partition as the recording drive, rather than the whole hard drive.
(b) The ability for a DP-H1 with an attached HDD registered for recording to act as a media server in the same way as the DP-S1 and DP-P1 are able to.

2. EPG Enhancements:
(a) Save the IceTV EPG to the recording HDD (if there is a recording HDD registered) and load it from there if connection to the IceTV server fails. Otherwise there is a 1-hour delay until any EPG is available.

Last update 23/8/08.
Last edited by prl on Fri Feb 27, 2009 13:15, edited 1 time in total.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Vatoe
Master

Post by Vatoe » Sat Aug 23, 2008 17:00

OK, I have mentioned this a couple of times in various places, so my 'wish' is to include the ability to record to NAS in addition to the other attached devices. If this ever gets added, I buy a H1 immediately thereafter.

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Sat Aug 23, 2008 20:11

Hi Vatoe,

I don't believe that recording to a NAS is workable. The timing and latency of a network is too unstable to ensure the timing critical nature of a recording. This issue magnifies when you look at HD recordings and then move to the dual tuner HD recordings. Adding such a feature is likely to results in random failed recordings. The customer complaints that such a feature might attract could be very problematic to address. I suspect it may be considered safer if such a feature is not offered.

Regards,
Ian.

Vatoe
Master

Post by Vatoe » Sat Aug 23, 2008 21:49

No worries, no much you can do if there are limitations I guess.

Paul55
Wizard

Post by Paul55 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 21:40

I've had 2 recordings 'go missing'. I had a quick look at both of them to make sure they worked. Next thing, they had changed names to something.tvwiz and then just disappeared. I don't know if this a firmware issue a hard drive fault or an operator failure, but given the foibles of ver 261 file handling, I have rolled back to ver 247. All seems ok at this stage.
DP-P1 & DP-P2 x 2, 01.05/07.350 Samsung PS64E8000, Pioneer 508XDA, IceTV, Yamaha RX-V3800a, Toppy TRF-2400, Foxtel IQ3, Harmony 1100i, Digitech HDMI switch, Beyonwiz DP-H1 , FW 01.05.350, 320GB Maxtor USB HDD, 42" Panasonic G10A, Yamaha RX-V795a, Foxtel IQ2, Harmony 785, WDTV Live x 3

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Tue Aug 26, 2008 22:06

Hi Paul,
Paul55 wrote:I've had 2 recordings 'go missing'. I had a quick look at both of them to make sure they worked. Next thing, they had changed names to something.tvwiz and then just disappeared. I don't know if this a firmware issue a hard drive fault or an operator failure, but given the foibles of ver 261 file handling, I have rolled back to ver 247. All seems ok at this stage.
This is *not* a known issue for 01.05.261. While it is your prerogative to revert to previous firmware I don't believe that it will impact this problem. If you go back to 01.05.261 then we would like to get more details about what is going on.

Regards,
Ian.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Aug 29, 2008 16:53

Hanjo (makinen) has just posted in the beta forum that
........3(a) Copy and move don't work on the DP-H1
has been fixed. I'll confirm when the next beta is released.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Return to “DP-H1”