Additional timer status - "skipped"

Feedback and Suggestions for Beyonwiz can be posted here.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

BuffyM
Apprentice

Additional timer status - "skipped"

Post by BuffyM » Tue Dec 29, 2015 00:22

Are there any timer statuses (statii?) other than just "waiting" and "finished"?

I believe that I was one of those people who was recently caught out by a T4 which wouldn't turn on to record some of my preset timers. (Thanks, Beyonwiz, you RUINED Christmas!) :P I've just done the front panel upgrade to V20057, so hopefully that will fix that issue...

The symptoms that I saw was that my timers were showing as "finished" although there was no recorded file. Would it be possible to have the timers show as "skipped" if for some reason that timer was missed due the PVR not being able to turn on?

It may be that this functionality already exists, I've not done any testing other than what I saw during the recent issue. Forgive me if it does.

Thanks for your consideration...

prl
Wizard God

Re: Additional timer status - "skipped"

Post by prl » Tue Dec 29, 2015 07:22

The timer status isn't saved. When the timers.xml file is read, it recalculates the timer status. Timers that have passed are marked as "done", whether they ran or not.

The only way you can tell from the timer screen whether a timer ran is to look at its log with the INFO button.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

BuffyM
Apprentice

Post by BuffyM » Tue Dec 29, 2015 08:03

Thanks for your speedy response

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:19

BuffyM wrote:...
I believe that I was one of those people who was recently caught out by a T4 which wouldn't turn on to record some of my preset timers. (Thanks, Beyonwiz, you RUINED Christmas!) :P I've just done the front panel upgrade to V20057, so hopefully that will fix that issue...
By any chance do you remember if the T4 had some form of 'online update available' message displayed on the front panel when you went to turn it on to look for those recordings?
I remember seeing it previously reported that this appeared to block the timers from firing.

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:27

Hi,
Grumpy_Geoff wrote:By any chance do you remember if the T4 had some form of 'online update available' message displayed on the front panel when you went to turn it on to look for those recordings?
I remember seeing it previously reported that this appeared to block the timers from firing.
I don't understand why the update message is *SO* persistent. There is also a flashing icon in the status bar that tells users *exactly* the same thing.

I hope the persisting update message becomes a standard 10 second time-out message. That should clean up a number of issues. Alternatively, the pop ups should be non-blocking of other pop ups.

Regards,
Ian.

BuffyM
Apprentice

Post by BuffyM » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:19

By any chance do you remember if the T4 had some form of 'online update available' message displayed on the front panel when you went to turn it on to look for those recordings?
I'm pretty certain that this wasn't the case - there was no 'online update available' message displayed. Whenever I see this kind of message I normally act on it straight away. In this particular case, the unit had been left alone for some time (number of days) when I turned it on to check and noticed that the recordings were missing I just thought "that's weird, I must have done something wrong" and dismissed it without investigating. If the update message were displayed, I think that I would have seen it at this stage. It was only after subsequent recordings were also missed that I figured that it wasn't my error that caused the missed recording, and that's when I investigated and discovered the reference in this forum.

When the problem occurred I had front panel version v20052 (if my memory serves correctly) and since the upgrade to v20057 my recordings have been working fine.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:21

BuffyM wrote:... When the problem occurred I had front panel version v20052 (if my memory serves correctly) and since the upgrade to v20057 my recordings have been working fine.
They're probably the right version numbers. There was a 20055 in between, but that was superseded by 20057 fairly quickly.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Return to “Feedback and Suggestions”