Loading Speed of JPG files

Feedback and Suggestions for Beyonwiz can be posted here.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

jchumphris
On probation

Loading Speed of JPG files

Post by jchumphris » Tue Jan 15, 2008 07:56

I recently bought a DP-S1 (two weeks ago) and so far find it excellent. I have two minor gripes however. # 1. The load time for the jpg files is quite slow - I have tried WLAN, LAN and direct from a CF card - the CF is a little quicker but still annoyingly slow. Is it possible to have the next file loading while viewing the previous file? # 2 Occasionally while viewing a recording (HD) the picture will briefly pixelate and the sound will glitch. Is this normal?

John

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Tue Jan 15, 2008 08:01

Hi John,

Welcome!

Please spend some time reading through this forum as your questions have already been asked and answered elsewhere. The FAQ and the bug and wish list threads are usually a good place to start.

Regards,
Ian.

sub3R
Wizard

Post by sub3R » Tue Jan 15, 2008 09:47

jchumphris wrote:?. # 2 Occasionally while viewing a recording (HD) the picture will briefly pixelate and the sound will glitch. Is this normal?
Hi John,
You might like to have a read through this topic here. This drifted off topic somewhat but it does cover quite a bit on pixilation & audio dropouts if you read all 7 pages.

I have found the S1 doesn?t handle interference from appliances such as some brands of washing machines & dish washers anywhere near as well as the TF7000HDPVRt or either of our two TV?s inbuilt HD tuners, so this may be what you are seeing. Turning off a particular light or fan switch also has the potential to cause interference - as reported by one user. This can occur if you are recording something when the appliances are operating & can show up when viewing a live service at the same time or playing back the recording.

There are other reasons for pixilation & audio dropout as mentioned in the above topic. Other posts also mention pixilation ? you may need to use the forum search feature to find some of these.

If you do find the reason for your pixilation can you please report it in the 'DP-SI and DP-P1' forum for additional information on this subject.
Dennis
U4, Bluey USB tuner, WizTV > Yamaha RX-V3900 > Sony KDL46X2000 TV ||
U4, Bluey USB tuner > Sony KD-43X85J TV > Yamaha YAS-209 || FTA EPG ||
Harmony 650s || (U4s on 19.3.20200901 & T2 on 19.3.20200823) ||
Technicolor DJA0230TLS modem/router, Ethernet LAN, Win10 Home 64 ||

Return to “Feedback and Suggestions”