Forum attachments broken...

Feedback and Suggestions for Beyonwiz can be posted here.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

prl
Wizard God

Forum attachments broken...

Post by prl » Thu Apr 19, 2018 13:21

I find it almost impossible to get more than one or two attachments in a post, and I have for a month or more.

csutak40 (Judy) has also had the problem recently, a few times, starting here.

I want to make a new version of the Series2Folder plugin available, but when I try to add it to the post where I make distributions, as soon as I add the new plugin attachment, all the other attachments except one are thrown out.

It just really gets in the way of things I try to do.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to get around it?

In the meantime, I'll throw out all the old attachments in the post and try to keep just the newest few, if I can even manage that.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

peteru
Uber Wizard

Re: Forum attachments broken...

Post by peteru » Thu Apr 19, 2018 13:24

It may be a size limit. How much are you attaching?

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

prl
Wizard God

Re: Forum attachments broken...

Post by prl » Thu Apr 19, 2018 13:53

peteru wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 13:24
It may be a size limit. How much are you attaching?

In the case of Series2Folder, there are 7 really enormous 11-12kB files. Judy was trying to attach 2 screenshots.

There is no error message, the attachments just end up not being attached, and if inlined, have broken links.

What happened there is really strange, though, in the Preview, it only showed me the first and last file that I'd uploaded, but when I Submitted it, all the files were there again, including the most recent one. But I have had cases like Judy's where the forum software just decides to toss out attachments I'd uploaded.

At one stage I tried to fix the problem I was having with the edit/preview by deleting the most recent, and then the first upload (they were the only two shown in the edit view's list of attachments. The most recent one was deleted from the list OK, but when I went to delete the first one uploaded (and the last remaining file in the displayed attachments list), the status entry for the attachment being deleted went into permanent spinner.

Anyway, after some rather pointless struggles, I found that if I just ignored what the edit screen's list of attachments said, and just uploaded the new attachment and submitted, all the attachments were there, so the immediate problem is solved. However, from my earlier attempts to add the attachment, the one for v1.6 is now there twice, but when I try to edit it out, the edit page's Attachments list only shows the file for v1.1.

It's a bit As I was passing Project MAC.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Return to “Feedback and Suggestions”