Update New Order Info

Feedback and Suggestions for Beyonwiz can be posted here.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Iman_Oldie

Update New Order Info

Post by Iman_Oldie » Tue Jun 09, 2020 00:51

Hi,
I just ordered a V2 and I noticed some contradiction in the info provided after ordering.

I won't post it all as it is lengthy and repetitious.

** If you purchased a hard bundled hard drive with the V2 it is recommended that you format it using the V2 once you complete the first set-up Wizard. To do this go to Menu>>Setup>>Storage>>Format Hard Disk. Once it has formatted exit out of all the menu’s and then reboot by holding down the power button on the remote for 3secs and choosing Reboot from the popup menu.**

Thank you for purchasing the new V2. Your order will be on its way soon. ........ <snip>

Thank you for purchasing the new V2. Your order will be on its way soon. You will receive a shipping notification and a tracking number from Australia Post once your order has been collected from our warehouse.

The software on the V2 has been updated to the latest version prior to leaving and if you purchased a bundled hard drive that has also been formatted ready to use.

prl
Wizard God

Re: Update New Order Info

Post by prl » Tue Jun 09, 2020 07:55

I suspect that text has been recycled from other models. Read it as "You'll need to format the bundled HDD if it hasn't been factory formatted to an appropriate format".

For the V2, since it's bundled with an external USB HDD, you may need to format it on the Beyonwiz. If you do, it will be formatted with the Linux ext4 file system. If the HDD is pre-formatted with NTFS, that will also work with the Beyonwiz firmware.

NTFS can. of course, can be read on a Windows PC if you want to plug the USB drive into it. The ext4 format can't be used on Windows without getting third-party software for the Windows box.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Tue Jun 09, 2020 14:31

Given that it only takes 30 seconds, just format the HDD when you get the unit. You will then be sure that everything is the way it should be and possibly save yourself an unpleasant experience and a lot of wasted time down the track.

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

Iman_Oldie

Post by Iman_Oldie » Sun Jun 14, 2020 19:16

peteru wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 14:31
Given that it only takes 30 seconds, just format the HDD when you get the unit. You will then be sure that everything is the way it should be and possibly save yourself an unpleasant experience and a lot of wasted time down the track.
Good advice and was my thought as well. Best to always use a format option supplied by the unit the drive is attached to.

Return to “Feedback and Suggestions”